Tuesday, November 07, 2006


Tools for Readers

I like to read when I eat and I have found the perfect tool to help me do that. This book stand is made by Fellowes and is available at amazon.com for under $5.

It holds the book open, adjusts to fit most book sizes and lets you keep your hands free for eating, typing or writing. I keep one on my desk and next to my computer as well as in my briefcase.

When I have to teach across town from 6-10 p.m., I always go early to have supper near the campus, read and relax before class. Frequently, another customer or a restaurant employee will stop to ask me where I got it. I should probably carry a supply of them in the trunk of my car to sell to everyone who asks.

If you’re already on the lookout for Christmas gifts, this would be a great stocking stuffer for any bookworm.

©2006 Dixie Darr. All rights reserved

No comments: