Monday, May 28, 2007

I’m Starting to Feel Like Stephanie Plum

"Well, I had a colonoscopy and a car accident in the same week and they were both a pain in the ass."

Lisa’s Mom, Cool Stuff blog

After having two cars totaled by reckless drivers in a little over a year, I’m beginning to wonder if I have bad car Karma. I sure hope not because today I have to shop for a new car. If only they would perfect the transporter from Star Trek, I wouldn’t have to drive anywhere.

Failing that, my second choice would be to have a permanent driver à la Driving Miss Daisy (Driving Miss Dixie?) to take me wherever I want to go. On the other hand, Princess Diana had a driver and you know what happened to her.

I’m hoping that the car shopping (not my favorite thing to do) will be relatively painless. At any rate, it will all be over soon because one way or another, I have to have a car by the time the insurance company gets the settlement check to me and they cut off my rental car privileges. Wish me luck. Better yet, (if you’re a fan of Janet Evanovich) wish me a Ranger and a Joe Morelli. That might make losing cars worth the trouble.

© Copyright 2007 Dixie Darr. All rights reserved

No comments: