Monday, January 05, 2009

Energize This

My theme this year is energy. All the problems I dealt with in the past few years have left me increasingly lethargic, sleeping too much and interested in too little. This year I want to reverse that momentum, and I’ve been researching how to do that without developing an addiction to caffeine-saturated energy drinks.

The holy trinity of increasing energy is diet, sleep, and exercise. I’m starting with exercise. Today, I will join my local recreation center (again) to lift weights and get back on track with walking at least 10 miles a week. I’ll keep a record of my progress on a calendar.

Beyond this triumvirate, I need to nurture more interest in my work and my life. This will come from getting off autopilot and exploring new ways to accomplish daily chores and new ways to turn problems into opportunities.

On the less philosophical side, I need to learn how to use my cell phone to surf the internet. Sometimes the small changes have the most impact.

# # #

No comments: