Tuesday, November 28, 2006


Time Is On My Side (Not)

May you live in interesting times.

Chinese curse

Time is definitely NOT on my side this week. Maybe that is why this little gadget caught my eye, when they featured it on one of those HGTV gift shows:

It’s called a Tempo Time Tag. Only about an inch long, it clips on your sleeve or notebook or anywhere else you might need a discreet time check. I’m not sure why anyone who wears a watch would need one, and everybody I know wears a watch except me, which is probably why I’m intrigued by it. I haven’t ordered it yet because they only come in packs of two and I don’t know why I would need more than one.

This is a practice that drives me crazy in things like batteries. Why can’t I buy exactly the number I want instead of the 2 or 4 or 8 that come in a package?

I’d also like to find someplace local that I can buy it to avoid paying the $5 or more shipping charge for something that weighs a couple of ounces. Maybe I’ll check the dollar store and see if they have something similar.

Have you noticed the proliferation of dollar stores? They’re everywhere. The current equivalent of the dime stores that abounded when I was a kid (and where very little was available for 10¢), these stores are as popular as thrift stores were a few years ago.

©2006 Dixie Darr. All rights reserved

No comments: