Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Peace Like a River Ran Through the City

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals. Anonymous

Last year, one of my favorite Christmas gifts was a set of warm wishes candles from my nieces. The twelve rectangular candles came in rainbow colors and each one represented a wish: wealth, luck, comfort, health, fun, peace, love, joy, adventure, balance, longevity and success. Each month I chose one to focus on. As the candle burned down, a charm representing that concept was revealed.

This month’s wish is for peace. While I’d dearly love to bring about world peace, I’m taking to heart the advice to think globally and act locally. If I can create peace in my own life, that can contribute in a microscopic way to peace on earth.

©2006 Dixie Darr. All rights reserved

No comments: