Thursday, December 07, 2006

Reading Lessons

“Most people tell me that their darkest times seeded their most significant growth”. Marsha Sinetar

Today was my first day off in ten days and I took full advantage of it. After a nap this morning to catch up on some lost sleep, I went out to lunch with my parents. I have another tough week of work ahead and then I get two full weeks off for the holidays. I can hardly believe it.

I’m planning to spend some of the time getting things organized in my house (a never-ending project), writing and reading.

I currently have 21 books checked out of the library and 26 on hold. The unread ones on my shelf include most of my favorite topics: creativity, writing, small business, and religion. I also have a couple of mysteries. More of the same is on the way. I’m on track to read a total of 120 books this year, ten per month. Next year, I definitely plan to cut down on reading about other peoples’ lives, so I can devote more time to living my own.

This has been a rough year, and I’m looking forward to a better 2007. The time off will give me a chance to be still and reflect on the lessons I’ve learned. With any luck I will be able to go on to new and better lessons next year.

©2006 Dixie Darr. All rights reserved

No comments: