Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just Call Me Crafty

"The best hope of success lies in having numerous projects percolating at once; this ups the odds of one of them boiling over." Tom Peters, The Pursuit of Wow

I’ll bet you’ve been wondering what you can do with all those old floppy disks that no longer fit into your computer, right? WikiHow to the rescue. Turn a floppy disk into a starship with these directions. This site will also tell you how to turn a CD into a coaster, but that’s a no brainer. Simply glue felt or cork on one side and voilĂ , it’s a coaster. I prefer the projects at HGTV, where you can learn to turn a CD into a clock or, with higher level skills, a lapel pin.

These projects interest me because I have finally set up my long-neglected back bedroom as a craft room. The room isn’t finished yet, but I used it last night to start a handmade book. Collages are another big interest of mine and I have been collecting bits of ephemera to use in collages and handmade cards for years. Maybe now I will finally use some of that stuff.

©2007 Dixie Darr. All rights reserved

No comments: